COMERCIAL COPAIN, SA . .. recognizes Quality as a strategic tool for the global management of the company. For this reason we have chosen the model of the UNE-EN-ISO 9001:2015 standard to develop a Quality Management System that through:
- The systematization of processes and their continuous improvement
- The control of processes and products and the setting of objectives and indices
- Risk-based thinking, to minimize risks while taking advantage of opportunities
- The motivation and orientation of staff towards the recognition of Quality as a basic and permanent task within the company.
take us to:
- Achieve satisfaction of the needs and expectations of direct and indirect customers, and other interested parties such as employees, financial institutions, creditors and suppliers
- Compliance with product requirements, including legal and regulatory requirements.
- Increase the competitiveness of our company, assuming a proactive attitude to prevent the causes that may cause Non-Conformities.
- Support continuous improvement as a priority in Quality Management.
- Manage human resources in the area of continuous improvement to obtain greater efficiency in management.
In our company, all this is reflected in the following general objectives of the quality policy:
- Guarantee that the products supplied to our clients meet the applicable standards and also meet the clients' specifications.
- Meet delivery deadlines
- Give the best technical advice possible
- Be effective in all processes to avoid customer complaints and remain in the competitive electrical components market.
The achievement of these general objectives will be periodically controlled with the establishment of specific objectives measured by indicators, in the key processes that the Management of COMERCIAL COPAIN, SA identifies. By monitoring these indicators we will obtain information and encouragement to satisfy the commitment we adopt in relation to the continuous improvement of the system and the minimization of risks. The results will be communicated to all staff.
Finally, we must highlight that to achieve what is stated here, we must have the active collaboration of all company personnel, especially department managers, and establish effective and mutually beneficial communication with suppliers and all interested parties.
José Ramón Amo
Cerdanyola del Vallès on 05/30/17